Friday, May 7, 2010

Hollywood Hills on a treadmill



During my trips to LA, I go to Runyon Canyon every morning. It's my favorite place in LA for a power walk: hot bodies, cute doggies and some serious celeb spotting while hiking to the top. Since the Netherlands is just as flat as can be, I came up with this treadmill power walk workout. Trust me, it will make you sweat!

You can do this 30 min. treadmill workout by itself or after your weight lifting:

Choose ‘quick start’ and set the speed @ 5-6 km./hr
Walk straight up, shoulders back and don’t hold on to the display or handles!

With every minute you add 1% incline untill you’re at 15% incline and then you decrease the incline every minute by 1%.

During this power walk, you can use lightweight dumbbells to give your workout an extra boost.

1 comment: